ALMIG FLEX SERIES - AIR COMPRESSORS
FLEX - VSD Direct 1:1 Drive, Oil Injected
Up to 35% energy savings thanks to SCD technology
The speed-controlled, direct-driven screw compressors in the FLEX series have been specially developed according to the most recent findings in research and technology. They are used in all situations where compressed air needs to be generated by a small, compact and extremely quiet plant, even directly in the workplace.
It is precisely in this area that, with its integrated single-shaft solution, the FLEX series provides TOP totally uncompromising technology in the speed-controlled version:
- Compact, fully integrated compressor unit
- High performance, virtually silent, small footprint
- Energy-saving speed control
- Direct drive without transmission losses (single shaft solution)
- Flexible operating pressure 5 - 13 bars, infinite adjustment
- Clear, easy-to-maintain set-up
Market analyses show that on average capacity utilisation of compressors is around 50 - 70%. The maximum delivery quantity is only required at peak times. This has prompted us to develop the ALMiG SCD technology which demonstrates its greatest strength in the partial load range, i.e. exactly where it is required.
SCD technology stands for:
- Speed Controlled and Direct Drive
The combination of speed control and direct drive stands for an extremely efficient, holistic drive concept.
Do you have money to give away?
The up to 35% energy saving potential is achieved by means of:
- Speed Control
- Constant, 5 - 13 bar network pressure, infinitely adjustable
- Extremely good plant efficiency
- No starting or switch-over peak loads
- No expensive idling time
- Newly-developed rotor profile for maximum efficiency
- Broad control range, very good overall efficiency
2. SCD Motor
- Robust drive motor, speed-controlled
- Protection class IP 55 ISO F
3. SCD Direct Drive
- Compressor shaft also serves as rotor for the motor
- No-loss power transmission without gear drive element
- Increased operational reliability, because no motor bearing is required
4. SCD Frequency Converter
- The integrated power pack, which of course complies with EMC guidelines
5. Power Choke
- 100% Protection against faults owing to harmonic waves
6. Separator System
- Maximum compressed air quality by means of tried and tested multi-stage separation
7. Centrifugal Blower
- High residual compression for retrofitting channel connection
8. Plant Cooler
- Efficient cooler for lowest coolant / compressed air outlet temperatures
9. Air Control
- The "brain" of the compressor: thinks, monitors and documents
Power rating: 3 - 40 hp
Pressure up to 190 psi(g)
Flowrate: 7 - 143 cfm
Cooling Sysem: Air Cooled
- Unit manufactured in accordance with ASME, OHSA and CE standards
- Compact build for installation near walls; operation and servicing from one side
- Ready for connection and operation, fitted with all the required cooling, control and monitoring equipment
- Vibration-isolated, fluid-tight base frame for foundation-free installation
- Compressor assembly isolated from the base frame in terms of vibration
- Sound-insulated with dirt-repelling lining and cooling air control system for extremely low noise level
- In the housing integrated electrical control cabinet.
- SCD frequency transformer
- Colours light grey (RAL 7035) and sky-blue (RAL 5015)
The compressor is equipped with the following features:
- Electrical drive through variable speed controlled SCD asynchronous motor with enclosure TEFC / IP 55, isolating class H, small size and high efficiency of 88 - 95% over the entire speed range. Water and dust proof.
- SCD direct power transmission of the electric motor to the air end by means of a flexible clutch
- ALMIG intake regulator with intake filter for safe, fully unloaded start-up and efficient and economical operation
- Oil-injection-cooled compressor stage featuring high operational reliability
- Oil separator reservoir with great oil surface for optimum pre-separation; Oil drain through ball valve; generously dimensioned filler opening
- Oil separator cartridge for high compressed air quality with low residual oil content
- Oil and compressed air cooling through large-area cellular radiator for low compressed air outlet temperature; easy to clean
- Radial ventilator for optimum cooling and extremely low noise level
- Separate cooling air ventilator drive is reducing main motor load
- The main switch also performs the function of an emergency stop switch according to electrical standards
ALMIG variable speed technology
ALMiG was one of the first manufacturers introducing the variable speed technology to the market in 1999.
The ALMiG variable speed drive optimizes the operation of the compressor compared to a fixed speed compressor. Your process is protected from damage and downtime, and you will benefit from reduced installation, energy and maintenance costs.
Protection from damage and downtime
Soft starts and stops protect your equipment. Reduced start currents result in smaller fuses, cables and energy bills. Controlled stops eliminate the risk of water hammer and other costly damage.
A built-in shaft power monitor and a unique Load Curve Protection function protect your process by immediately detecting any situation that could cause inefficiency or damage. Early warnings and safety stops allow preventive action.
Energy savings and optimized operation
The ALMiG variable speed drive regulates flow and pressure by continuously adapting motor speed. No energy is wasted and there is no unnecessary equipment wear.
Should a drive problem occur a full status report will be generated. You can quickly identify the cause and take corrective measures. Maintenance is simplified thanks to a minimum of accessible mechanical parts and fold-out power modules.